Now that you have successfully imported products from Aliexpress to the Shopify store, the next…
A discount calculator is useful for figuring out how much you’ll save and how much it will cost after the discount. Using discounts to market your Shopify store can be very effective. For example, you can offer discounts by making discount codes, setting up automatic discounts, or putting individual products on sale.
You can make codes that give a dollar discount, a percentage discount, a buy X get Y discount or a free shipping discount. Customers can enter discount codes online at checkout or in person using Shopify POS.
On Shopify’s Discounts page, you can update and manage existing discounts. Check to see if another staff member is making changes to the same discount before changing it.
About The Free Discount Calculator
During sales, it can be hard to figure out how much something costs. So instead, install a discount calculator on your Shopify Store to avoid wasting time. It’s free to apply.
Here is a free Shopify discount calculator that I use and recommend to most of my readers.
Discount Calculator will greatly help Black Friday, summer or winter sales, or just shopping in stores. By adding it to your Shopify store, you won’t have to use your phone for a few minutes to calculate the final price of a product.
An online discount calculator is a smart tool that helps determine a product’s price after sales tax, and discounts have been applied. Aside from that, you can use this original price calculator to find the opposite percentage and figure out the size of the discount or the item’s original price.
As a shopper, you can use this sales price calculator to find the sale price and total discount based on the original price and the percentage off.
Calculate your profit margin on any sale by factoring in your cost and the percentage savings you want to offer your customers: Start Using Shopify Online Discount Calculator today.
To calculate, you’d need to enter any of the two values below:
To calculate, you’d need to enter any of the two values below:
- Price before discount
By giving the calculator the above two entries, you can find the price after the discount and how much you saved.
Some calculators show the type of discount as either a percentage off or a fixed amount.
The word “discount” can be used to talk about many different ways that the price of a good or service goes down. Most discounts come from a percent off or a fixed amount.
A percent off a price usually means getting some percent, say 10%, off the original price of a product or service. For example, if a good costs $45 and there is a 10% discount, the final price would be found by subtracting 10% of $50 from $50, or in another way, by figuring out 90% of $50:
10% of $50 = 0.10 × 50 = $5
$50 – $5 = $45
90% of $50 = 0.90 × 45 = $45
In this case, you save 10 percent, or $5.
A fixed amount off of a price means that the fixed amount is taken away from the original price. For example, if a service usually costs $75 and you have a coupon for $10 off, you would subtract $10 from $75 to get the final price:
$75 – $10 = $65
In this example, you are saving a fixed amount of $20.
Two of the most common ways to get a discount are shown above. Many others can be more confusing, like stackable discounts where you can get 20% off the original price and 15% more of the price already discounted. So use the Percent Off Calculator if you need to figure out things like this.
You can use the free discount calculator to determine how much a product has been discounted and how much money you save. You can also use it to determine the discount’s size or the original price.
As a shopper, you can use it as a sale price calculator to help you negotiate the price. Have a discount? Find out the final price after adding in the 15% discount. These are just some ways a free discount calculator can help you with your Shopify store.
Calculating discount and sale price:
- Find the original price (for example, $50)
- Get the discount percentage (for example, 10%)
- Calculate the savings: 10% of $50 = $5
- By subtracting the savings from the original price, you get the sale price: $50 – $5 = $45
You’re all set!
If you’re on the other side of these deals, that is, if you’re selling something, you might want to find out how much you can get for it (the profit margin calculator can prove handy).
So, use Shopify’s all-in-one discount rate calculator to find out how much money you saved and how much the price of a product went down. Well, here you’ll calculate how to figure out a discount by using the discount rate formula and a percentage discount calculator, but there’s a lot more you need to know first!
Discount and Percent off (Often Confused)
In fact, “percent off” and “discount” mean the same thing. But let’s go into more detail to get a clearer picture. So, when it comes to discounts, they can be in the form of a percentage or a fixed amount.
So, for example, if you go to a store and find that everything is 50% off, that’s a discount in the form of a percentage. A few other places offer discounts on a fixed amount if you spend more than $100.
As a fixed amount discount, they get a $20 discount for every $100 spent, or they can buy one and get one free, while a percent off is also a discount given in percentage (%).
Let’s move on to the basic definition of “discount.”
What’s a Discount?
The word “discount” means a reduction from the normal price of something. For example, “To discount” means to take a certain amount off the price of something.
This word can also be used to say that someone or something is not worth attending to or thinking about. For example, if we say, “Fears of a computer system crash on New Year’s Day are unfounded,” we have ruled out that possibility.
When it comes to stocks and shares, the phrase “Stocks were being discounted” means that the value of the stocks went down. But their value didn’t decrease because the owner wanted to get people to buy them. So they lost value because of market forces that were said to be like supply and demand.
Now, stay tuned to find out about the discount formula!
Discount Rate Formula
As a shopper, you can use a discount percentage calculator or the discount formula below to find out the percentages:
The formula for the discount rate is:
D = (O – P) / O × 100
• D = Percentage Discount
• O= Original Price
• P = Price After Discount
The discount% calculator on Shopify also uses the same formula to figure out the discount%.
You can use this formula to:
- You can find the final price of your purchase by using a formula or sale tax and discount calculator to figure out the percentage discount and sales tax.
- Use a formula or a percent off calculator to find the discount on a single discounted product or several products with the same percentage discount.
- Look up the average price of one item on a “2 for 1” sale, how much you pay, and how much you save when you buy two items at the same price or different prices.
- Figure out the sales tax, or if you don’t like math, use the sale calculator to help you figure out the sales tax on your total purchase.
- Use the above formula or an online percent discount calculator to negotiate a better product price by determining the discount you want for the amount you’re willing to pay.
So, if you want to know about the different discounts, we’re here.
What are the different types of discounts? There are different types of discounts that you might find, and you might even need a percentage discount calculator for some of them.
You can give your customers automatic discounts and discount codes that they can use. For example, you could use discounts to promote sales, special offers, or as a way to thank customers for being loyal. Discount codes are codes that you can make and share on your own, and automatic discounts happen when you check out or add something to your cart.
There are different types of discounts and discount classes that you can create. For example, discount classes are like discounts of various types. For example, you can create order discounts, product discounts, and shipping discounts as discount classes.
- Buy X, get Y
- Free shipping discounts
- Amount off discounts.
Buy x get y Discounts.
Buy X, get Y promotions are a popular way to get new customers to buy your products and to thank loyal customers. You can use them to make more money and sell things that aren’t moving quickly.
For example, let’s say that your promotion offers customers a free hat when they purchase any T-shirt. With Buy X, Get Y promotions, you can give customers one free hat for the whole order or one free hat for each T-shirt they buy.
You can also create a discount that gives customers a free hat when they spend a certain amount.
NB: Buy X, get Y free promotions are only available online. For promotions like “buy X, get Y for free,” you can create an automatic discount.
Free Shipping Discounts
You can create a free shipping discount if you want to offer free shipping.
Free shipping discounts are never automatically applied to an order. To get the discount, your customers must enter the code when they check out. Set a free shipping rate to automatically offer free shipping to your customers based on the price of their order.
Set a free shipping rate in your Shopify admin under the Shipping and delivery page. This is true for all orders that meet your conditions for free shipping.
Amount Off Discounts
You can create discounts that give customers a fixed amount or a percentage off of the products in an order, but these don’t apply to shipping costs. These discounts are called amount off discounts.
If your discount is set to apply to all products, the discount is split between all items in the cart similarly. For example, if you put a $50 discount on a cart with a $50 item and a $100 item, the first item gets a $16.50 discount, and the second item gets a $33.50 discount. If the total price of the order is less than $50, the value of each item is discounted to $0. The order total can’t be less than $0.
- 18 Killer Email Marketing Examples In 2022
- The 11 Email Marketing KPIs And Metrics That Matters (2022)
- How To Use Content Analysis To Analyze Store Traffic (2022)
- 6 Types Of Ecommerce Business Models To Start On Shopify
- How To Choose Your Ecommerce Business Model In 2022
Advantages Of Free Discount Calculator
- Use the calculator to determine your purchase’s final price by calculating the percentage discount on any transaction and the sales tax.
- See how much you save on a single discounted item or a group of items with the same percentage discount.
- Find out how much an item costs on average, how much you pay, and how much you save when you buy two items at the same or different prices.
- You don’t have to do math by hand to determine the sales tax on your total purchase.
- Use it to bargain for a better price by determining how much of a discount you want based on how much you are willing to pay.
- When you buy in bulk as a dropshipper, you can use the discount formula to determine the original price after a discount.
- When buying in bulk, you might want to know how much discount you would get if you bought three times as much. The calculator can calculate the percentage increase or decrease in double or triple discounts.
- You can use the tool as a discount calculator in reverse to figure out and find the actual price of an item.
- Have a “buy one, get one free” sale and use the “2 for 1 calculator” to figure out the final price based on whether you’re selling two of the same thing or two different things.
Merchant or Store Owner Benefits:
- Create a discount based on how much you want for a particular item.
- Figure out your profit margin on any sale by adding up your costs and the percentage discount you want to offer your customers.
- Find a discount on a group of items and figure out how much money you will save by using a promotional offer on multiple sales. Use the fixed amount of the calculator & add the items together, or add all the items together before using the calculator & use the percentage increase/decrease tool.
- Use the sales tax calculator to help you figure out your finances.
The Final Words
Our simple discount calculator is a shopping helper that shows you the percentage off in real-time. But you all know that 50% of 100 is 50, so how about if you have to count 29% of 167? So, the best way to figure out such things is to use our quality calculator.
How Does One Calculate A Discount Rate In Excel?
Even though it’s easier to use the Online free Discount Calculator, here are the steps to calculate the discount rate in Excel:
- Enter the price before the sale (for example, into cell A1).
- Enter the price after the sale (for example, into cell B1).
- Subtract the price after the sale from the price before the sale (C1, input = A1-B1) and label it “discount amount.”
- Divide the new number by the price before the sale, multiply the result by 100 (input =(C1/A1)*100 in D1), and label it “discount rate.”
- Right-click the last cell and choose Format Cells from the menu.
- In the Format Cells box, choose Percentage under Number and set the decimal places you want.
How Do I Calculate The Discount Percentage?
Follow these steps to calculate the percentage discount between two prices:
- Subtract the price after the discount from the price before the discount.
- Divide this new number by the price before the discount.
- Multiply the number you got by 100.
How Do I Calculate A 10% Discount?
- Take the original price.
- Take the original price, divide it by 100 and multiply it by 10.
- You could also move the decimal point to the left by one place.
- Take this new number away from the first number.
- This will give you the value after the discount.
- Spend the money you’ve saved up!
How Do I Calculate 30% Off?
- Use the price before the sale.
- Take the original price and divide it by 100, then multiply it by 30.
- Subtract this new number from the original one.
- The new number is your discounted price.
- Laugh at how much money you are saving!
How Do I Find The Price From The Beginning?
Follow these steps to calculate the original price of an item when you only know its price after the sale and the percentage discount:
- Divide the discount by 100.
- Take this number and subtract it from 1.
- Take this new number and divide it by the price after the sale.
- You should be amazed at what you could have paid!
How Do I Reduce The Price By 20%?
- Take the original price.
- Divide the original price by 5.
- Alternatively, divide the original price by 100 and multiply by 20.
- Take this new number and subtract it from the first number.
- The discounted value is the number you found.
- Enjoy your savings!
Why Do They Have Clearance Sales?
Fashion follows the seasons. No one will buy a light shirt for summer in the middle of winter. At the end of the season, shops will often sell their products at a considerable discount to make room for the next season’s stock.
What Are The Different Types Of Discounts?
Most discounts fall into three types:
• Quantity discounts, where you get a discount based on how many items you buy. We appreciate economies of scale!
• Trade discounts are discounts given to a supplier, allowing distributors to set their prices so that all items can be sold.
• Promotional discounts are a good way to get people to buy something; they are the most common kind of discount for customers. You’ve probably seen one in the form of a 20% off sale or “buy one, get one free” offer.
What Is A Percentage Discount?
A percentage discount is a discount given to a product or service as a dollar amount per hundred. For example, a 20% discount would mean that an item that costs $100 would now only cost $80. This is a common way to get people to buy something at a lower item during sales and promotions.
What Do “Fake Discounts” Mean?
Some retailers engage in a dishonest practice called “fake discounts” or “fictitious pricing,” in which the “pre-sale price” of an item is greatly inflated, or the “post-sale price” of an item is its market price. This trick makes the customer think they are getting a good deal, which makes them more likely to purchase an item.
What Is A Flat Discount?
A flat discount is a seller’s final discount on the total, usually to round off the price. In ERPNext (Enterprise Resource Planning), the flat discount and sales taxes are applied to both products.
Kindly share it with your friends. Especially the ones you believe need this information. Sign Up Now and Get your first 3 months for only $1 monthly.
Sharing this information with others can make a huge difference. You may ask why.
Well, the truth is, my main aim is to provide the best information about drop shipping for both beginners and experienced dropshippers.
And I plan to continue doing so for as long as I can.
I would also like to thank those who support my work by reading and sharing my content.
Trust me, when you take your time to share, it will greatly help me and others who need this information.
Here are some great suggestions:
- Pin it
- Share it on another blog.
- Share on Facebook (Share it with friends and even on Facebook groups)
- Tweet it
- Stumble it
This will only take a few seconds of your time, and I would appreciate it.
I appreciate you a lot. Thank you!
Join my Shopify dropshipping group mastermind and follow my blog to learn more about Shopify tips, dropshipping guides, tricks and checklists, and e-commerce in general.
If you enjoyed and learned something from this post, you can get me updates for free!
I send out email newsletters about new blog posts, tips, and tricks to help you grow your dropshipping business, new YouTube videos to give you more insights into the e-commerce market, and much more.
If you enjoyed reading this, you could also join my Facebook group. Thank you for reading how to make money dropshipping online from the comfort of your home.
Click here to Join My Facebook Mastermind Group