Are you tired of constantly losing sales to auto-checkout bots? Do you want to ensure…
How To Set Up Shopify Tipping Option In Your Store
Shopify tipping option is here with us, the latest feature announced by Shopify a few days ago.
Tipping for services provided has been in existence for decades. Whether it’s tipping a waiter in your local restaurant or any other place, this is one of the best ways to get some extra money if you run an online store.
If you are a Shopify store owner, there is good news for you. You can set up a Shopify tipping option, which allows your customers to add a tip as a percentage of the order when they checkout during the buying process. This is one of the best things you can have in your store and can be quite lucrative.
If you don’t know what Shopify is, you need to know that it is an online eCommerce platform that allows you to easily set up a store and sell your products to people worldwide.
Shopify makes it easy for people to run online eCommerce businesses with much ease and even process payments through the various payment gateways that they offer.
When it comes to setting up an online store on Shopify, there are three options to consider requiring you to pay a monthly fee. They include:
- Shopify Basic – It costs $29 per month, 2.9% + 30¢ per online transaction
- Main Shopify plan – It costs $79 per month, 2.6% + 30¢ per online transaction.
- Advanced Shopify Plan – It costs $299 per month, 2.4% + 30¢ per online transaction
The above plans are what you need to select when you want to set up an online store on Shopify. Therefore, having this knowledge can help you decide whether Shopify is the right place to set up shop or not.
The good thing about Shopify is that it is effortless to use and has many apps that make it even easier to operate an online store.
Shopify has also been around for long, and thousands of eCommerce stores use the platform to run their daily operations and customer support.
- Shopify vs Etsy: Is it cheaper To sell On Etsy Or Shopify?
- Facebook Shops: The Newly Launched Online Shopping Platform
That means considering Shopify is a great decision to make, especially if you are a beginner and looking for an easy way to run an online store with effortlessly.
The eCommerce industry is booming, and making sure that you at least have an online business can be an excellent way to earn some extra money on the side and increase your regular income.
Here we are going to talk about how you can set up a Shopify tipping option conveniently.
Set Up Tipping Option for Online Orders
Setting up a Shopify tipping option provides your customers with the possibility of adding a tip to their order on the payment gateway during checkout.
Customers have the option of adding the tip as a percentage of the total order or even as a custom amount.
The good thing about this feature is that you are allowed to customize the tipping experience to suit your targeted goals to help support your business financially, or you can even do it to try and raise money for charity.
However, you should note that for the Shopify Plus Plan, tipping is not available for customized checkouts.
What to Consider for Shopify Tipping Option in Your Store
Before you decide to set up a Shopify tipping option in your store, there are various things that you need to consider. They include:
- You need to use the Shopify admin in your store to set up a tipping option at the checkout during an order, even if you previously set up one for your Shopify POS.
- The tip in usually calculated on the subtotal of the cart before shipping and taxes. But, you need to know that tips are generally subject to credit card fees and transaction fees since they are always treated as part of the total order.
- Unfortunately, customers cannot add tips if they use Shop Pay to place their orders.
How to Use Shopify Online Tipping Option with Offsite Payment Gateways
It is always highly recommended to make sure that you thoroughly test the online tipping experience before adding the online tipping option in your store, in case you decide to use offsite payment gateways.
The reason being, various offsite payment gateways might not recognize the tipping line item. Therefore, making sure you test them thoroughly provides you with an opportunity to learn which offsite payment gateways work better and the ones that don’t.
The last thing you want is to set up a tipping option in your Shopify store with an offsite payment gateway, and then end up not collecting any tip from all the orders placed by your customers. This is one of the main reasons you need to be extremely careful and make sure you are working with the right offsite payment gateway.
If you decide to use a specific offsite payment gateway and then find out the tipping option doesn’t work as you expected, then you should consider contacting their support staff to help you sort that issue.
How to Set Up Shopify Tipping Option from the Admin Section
As mentioned earlier, you need to set up a Shopify tipping option from your store’s admin section. This is so because the platform wants to make sure the owner is the one that sets this up and not just anyone else. Therefore, this provides you with the ability to set up tipping options that you think are convenient for your customers.
There are three tipping options that you are allowed to create on Shopify, and they are a percentage of the total order place by your customer. However, there is also another alternative that will enable customers to add a custom amount.
Please note that the custom amount field is automatically set up, which means you are not required to add it when setting up the tipping option in your Shopify store.
There are various steps that you need to take to set up a tipping option for your Shopify store. These steps differ from desktop to mobile phones.
Here is how to set up a Shopify tipping option through your desktop computer:
- Login to the Shopify admin.
- Navigate to the Settings section and click the Checkout button.
- Right in the section for tipping, go ahead and find the Show the Tipping Options at the checkout.
- Right under the TIP OPTIONS, you are required to enter a new value in percentage in the Options field. The good news is that you are allowed to add up to three different values.
- Once you are done, click Save.
How to Set Up Shopify Tipping Option through Your Mobile Phone
Here are the steps to help you set up the tipping option in your store through your mobile phone:
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple Store
- Download the Shopify App
- Log in to your Shopify mobile app
- Head over to the Store and then Settings section
- Right under the Store Settings, tap the Checkout button
- Right in the section for tipping, go ahead and tap on the Show the Tipping Options at the checkout.
- Just under the TIP OPTIONS, enter any value in percentage in the Options field. Like the desktop version, you are allowed to add up to three different values when setting up the tipping option on your Shopify store.
- Once you are done with everything, make sure to tap Save.
How to Create a Tipping Message during an Online Checkout
Shopify not only allows you to create a tipping option for your customers but also enables you to create a tipping message that your customers will see during the checkout process when shopping. The tipping message for your store is usually created in the Themes section of your Shopify admin.
Just like with the setting up of the tipping option, setting up this feature is quite different through your desktop computer and on your mobile phone.
Here is how to set up the tipping message during an online checkout on your desktop computer:
- Log in to your online Shopify store as a user that has the settings permissions.
- From the Shopify admin and under the SALES CHANNELS, click on the Online Store button and click on the Themes section.
- Right in the Current theme section, go ahead and click Actions and then click on the Edit Languages button.
- Click on the checkout & system, and then scroll down to Checkout tips.
- You are required to enter the message that you want to appear in the tips section of the checkout page.
- Once you are done with everything, click Save.
Here are the steps for setting up the tipping option through your Android or Apple mobile phone:
- Log in to your store as a user with Settings’ permission.
- From the Shopify mobile app, tap on the Store section.
- Right under the Sales Channels, tap Online Store, and then tap on the Manage Themes section.
- Just in the Current theme section, tap Actions and then tap Edit Languages.
- Tap the Checkout & System and scroll down to Checkout tips. In order to see the Checkout & System, you might be required to tap the “…” button.
- After doing that, you will be prompted to enter the message you want your customers to see in the tips section during checkout.
- Once you are done with everything, make sure to click Save.
How to Refund a Shopify Tip
Refunds are inevitable in any business. Online stores are always faced with refunds from customers, and you may even be required to refund tips on your Shopify store. To include the tip portion in a refund, you are required to manually add the tip amount.
The good news is that you can edit the amount of the Refund and including the tip amount. Below are the steps to set up refunds for a tip through your desktop computer.
- Right from your Shopify admin section, under Orders, click on the order that you want to refund.
- On the order section, click Refund.
- Make sure that you enter the quantity of the items in the order that you want to refund.
- Right under the REFUND AMOUNT, enter an amount that includes the tip amount.
- After you are done, click Refund.
Here is how to refund a tip through your Android or Apple mobile phone:
- Right from the Shopify mobile app, tap on the Orders button.
- Tap on the order that you want to refund.
- Right in the Paid section, tap on the REFUND button.
- Use the + button located beside each line item to enter the quantity that was sold.
- Under the REFUND AMOUNT, make sure that you enter the equivalent amount equivalent to the tip amount.
- Once you are done, tap Refund.
How to Check Tip Reports
Checking the Shopify tip reports is quite easy. They are located in the Finances Report section of your Shopify store, and you can view the total amount of collected tips.
Here are the steps to follow on your desktop computer:
- From the Shopify admin section, go to the Analytics section and click on Reports.
- In the Finances section, click Show all.
- Click Tips.
- If you want to limit the amount to your online sales, select Online Store right from the drop-down list.
To check reports through your Android or Apple mobile phone here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your Shopify mobile app and tap on the Store section.
- Tap the Analytics section and then go ahead to tap on Reports.
- Right in the Finances section, tap on the Show all button.
- Click on the Tips button.
- In case you want to limit the amount to your online sales in your store, tap the Online Store button on the drop-down list.
The Shopify tipping option is one of the best features sellers have on the platform. With this feature, you can raise money for charity or even utilize it to earn more cash to help your business financially and enable you to operate conveniently.
What makes this feature even more useful and efficient is the fact that it is free to use and easy to set up and start running on your store. Therefore, consider using it today to help your business in the right manner.
Did you enjoy this post? Kindly share it with your friends. Especially, the ones you believe really need this information.
Sharing this information with others can make a huge difference. You may ask why?
Well, the truth is, my main aim is to provide the best information pertaining to drop shipping for both beginners and experienced dropshippers.
And I plan to continue doing so for as long as I can.
I would also like to thank those who support the work I do through reading my content and sharing.
Trust me, when you take your time and share it will help a lot not only for me, but also other people who may really be in need of this information.
Here are some great suggestions:
- Pin it
- Share it on another blog
- Share on Facebook (Share it with friends and even on Facebook groups)
- Tweet it
- Stumble it
This will only take a few seconds of your time and I would really appreciate.
I appreciate you a lot. Thank you!
Join my Shopify dropshipping group mastermind and follow my blog to learn more about Shopify tips, dropshipping guides, dropshipping tricks and checklists, and e-commerce in general.
If you enjoyed and learned something from this post, you can get updates from me, free of charge!
I send out email newsletters about new posts published on the blog, tips, and tricks to help you grow your dropshipping business, as well as new YouTube videos to give you more insights about the e-commerce market, and much more.
Click The Image To Join My Facebook Mastermind Group
This Post Has 0 Comments